Deadline for submissions: 10 September 2020
5th Annual Conference of the Portuguese Association of Energy Economics (APEEN)
20-21 January 2021
The 5th Annual Conference of the Portuguese Association of Energy Economics (APEEN) is fully dedicated to all aspects of the Energy Transition and Sustainability. Climate change and sustainability are challenging energy systems to new levels of innovation, in terms of technology, regulation and social values.
The 5th APEEN conference aims to join leading academic scientists, researchers, innovators and business and social stakeholders, through an interdisciplinary context to present, share and discuss the most recent experiences, research results, innovations and ideas around the multiple themes on Energy Transition and Sustainability.
The 5th APEEN conference will take place on 20-21 January and will be held online.
Call for abstracts | Submission form
Deadline for submissions: 10 September, 2020
Selected Focus Topics
The APEEN solicits abstracts for oral and poster presentations on the following select research topics:
|● Renewable energy sources and technologies
● Energy storage
● Energy security and sustainability
● Technologies for carbon neutrality
● Energy-efficient and sustainable buildings
● Energy efficiency in industry
● Sustainable mobility
● Energy systems modeling
● Energy systems resilience to climate change
● Energy communities and prosumers
● Energy sustainability in cities, including supply chain
● Natural resources and materials for energy systems
● Energy indicators for sustainability
|● Environmental impacts of energy systems
● Digital technologies for sustainable energy systems
● Artificial intelligence and big data for energy transition
● Public policies and smart regulation for sustainable and carbon neutral energy system
● Energy economics and markets
● Energy Transition financing
● Energy Poverty
● Social aspects of energy transition
● Policy, education, and legal aspects of energy transition
● Energy for sustainable development
Abstract submissions can be made by filling the following submission form.
All papers accepted for presentation (oral or poster) will have the opportunity to be considered for publication in the following journals: International Journal of Sustainable Energy Planning and Management and Sustainability (Special Issues: Energy Systems Sustainability and Multidimensional Perspectives for Energy Poverty Sustainable Mitigation). The selection will be carried out during the peer review process as well as at the conference presentation stage. Full papers submission will be managed by the editor of each Journal. The final decision for paper publication will be made based on peer review reports by the respective Journal.
Extended abstract submission deadline: 10 September 2020
Authors notification: 10 October 2020
Submission of final extended abstract: 10 November
Full conference program: 10 December 2020
Contact us for additional information: email@example.com