Call for contributions for book chapters in:
- Astrid Skjerven (ed.) - Gender and Sustainability in a Cultural Perspective
- To be published in the Routledge/ISDRS Series in Sustainable Development Research
Deadline: 15 March 2019
For more information click here
Next Conference: Track 8a
Keep up to date with developments of ISDRS 2023 Track 8a here
“Half-way through Agenda 2030: Assessing the 5Ps of SDGs (people, planet, prosperity, peace and partnership)“
Who are we?
Dr. Astrid Skjerven
- Messina, Italy, 2018
- Report on Track OS2-8a Gender, inclusivity and human rights
- Chairs: Gabriella Arcese, Astrid Skjerven, Marzia Traverso
It was the first time that the theme was put on the agenda of the ISDRS conference. The four presentations represented very different topics: migration, gender equality and integration of disabled people. In all, they displayed thecomplexity and relevance of the theme. Methodologically, two presented major statistical investigations, two qualitative studies. The level of the presentations were generally high.
They contributions displayed the need for more knowledge on all aspects of the theme. It is therefore of vital importance to include it in ISDRS next conferences.
State of the Art:
- Look at the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network on Gender, Human Rights, and Social Inclusion
- Useful courses available at the UN SDG Academy; see for example Human Rights, Human Wrongs
Routledge & Earthscans' Sustainability Hub
Find useful essays, free books and articles, case studies and more at our partner's website:
LinkedIn Discussions in our Topic Group 8a
Recent discourses on the ISDRS LinkedIn discussion group:
February 2017 Marina Bonser posted: New Dimension of Inclusion and Diversity in Educational Policy: a Balance Between Inclusion and Exclusion.