The Faculty of Business Economics of Hasselt University seeks a (m/f)
PhD student Pro-environmental behaviour
The Environmental Economics Research focuses on sustainability assessments of clean technologies and valuation of ecosystem services, and is a visible source of robust science-driven advice in these domains. More info on our research group, its projects, and publications can be found here. Seeing the importance of pro-environmental behaviour in the transition towards a more sustainable society, we are looking to expand our expertise.
You will mainly be responsible for carrying out and reporting about research in the domain of “pro-environmental behaviour”. Given current research activities of the research group, the scope can be limited to “green purchasing behaviour” and “good citizenship”. The main goals are the realization of publications of the developed research in top international journals and the expansion of the research group’s network for example by participating in international academic conferences. You will have a limited teaching assignment.
- You have obtained the degree master in (business or behavioural) economics or master in (applied social or environmental) psychology (or equivalent). Final-year students are (likewise) encouraged to apply.
- You can demonstrate having experience with data collection, quantitative research methods and the matching software.
- You have the necessary qualities to function within a multidisciplinary research group.
- You are able to start at the latest on 01/10/2020.
- Your command of Dutch or English (IELTS>=7 or equivalent) is excellent.
- You have obtained excellent grades.
- You can demonstrate having experience with quantitative research that analyses (pro-environmental) behaviour.
You will be appointed and paid as PhD student.
We offer a full doctoral grant for four years on the condition of a positive evaluation after 2 years.
You can only apply online up to and including 30 June 2020.
The selection procedure consists of a preselection based on application file, an interview and a test lesson / presentation.
Preselection is based on the submitted records. These records contain at least: (1) CV, (2) motivation letter (max. 2p), (3) a writing sample of your own writing (eg your master thesis). Applicants are encouraged to upload: (4) an example of own coding syntax for a statistical software programme of your choice
Prof. dr. Sebastien LIZIN, +32-11-268696, firstname.lastname@example.org
More about working at Hasselt University? Check www.uhasselt.be/vacancies for our staff benefits.