On June 13th, 2018, at the inaugural session of the 24th ISDRS Conference at Messina (Sicily, Italy), the International Sustainable Development Research Society (ISDRS) , represented by its President, Prof. Walter Vermeulen, and the International University Network on Cultural and Biological Diversity (IUNCBD), represented by its President Prof. Pierluigi Bozzi, signed an agreement of cooperation. The objective of the agreement is to stimulate and facilitate common participation of ISDRS members and universities of the IUNCBD in programs of sustainable development and conservation of cultural and biological diversity at all the administrative and spatial scales and to contribute together to integrate the principles and practices of sustainable development and diversity conservation in international, regional and national forums.
Next Conference: Track 3a
Please look for more information on the track at the 2018 Messina Conference here.
Below a few key results of the 3a Life on Land track at the Bogotá Conference are displayed. A wide variety of interesting talks led to the following general conclusions;
• Ecosystem services (ESS) are a bridge concept linking natural, social and cultural sciences with decision makers from different walks of life.
State of the Art
(to be added soon)
1) Recent insights and state of the art knowledge on conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity be found on the intergovernmental knowledge platform IPBES - Science and Policy for People and Nature (read more)
2) Look at the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network on Forests, Oceans, Biodiversity, and Ecosystem Services
3) Useful courses available at the UN SDG Academy; see for example From the Ground Up: Managing and Preserving Our Terrestrial Ecosystems
4) Recent IPBES report: Main cause of species loss & driver of the migration of millions of people by 2050 In landmark 3-year assessment report, 100+ experts outline costs, dangers & options
Routledge & Earthscans' Sustainability Hub
Who are we?
Who are we?
Prof. Francisco Comín
How to get involved?
Do you want to contribute to our knowledge platform and engage in exchanging best practices? We invite ISDRS members (senior and junior scientists) interested in this topic to join and participate, please mail us!
Look at how you can contribute to our topic groups